All individuals are created with unique gifts, talents and skills set, which lead to the discovery of passion, lifestyle, mission and vision. Some of the questions to ask ourselves as a result of our unique gifts and talents include the following:
1) How do I discover my unique gifts, talents and skill sets? Try different ideas that pick your curiosity. I call this step – “trial and error”. After several trials and error, you will be able to know what and where you are skilled. For instance, if you are curious about photography or videography then you keep trying until you master it.
2) Are my talents, gifts and abilities making me a better individual? If you aren’t happy and excited while using your talents, gifts and abilities then they are not what you should be focusing your time, mind and energy on. Therefore, learn to focus your mind and time on what you feel confident and excited about. For instance, I get excited when I hear about an event. Not only because I love attending events, but more when I am requested as host/MC. I enjoy event hosting and feel gifted and trained to do I what I do best. The reason why I always say that event hosting is “my element”.
3) How do I continuously improve and develop my natural abilities? Endless possibilities exist for improving and developing our talents and abilities. First thing is to find a mentor (someone who has similar gifts and talents and has been utilizing them for years), and also register for some training, courses etc.
4) How can I use my talents to impact society and other people’s lives? I would say that we have gifts, talents and abilities to bless people and help others grow. So everyone needs to find ways to bless others around them. For instance I use my talents to help organize and entertain peoples at events; which bring joy, laughter and memories of a lifetime.
5) What is the vision for my gifts, talents and abilities? This is a question I asked myself after hosting events for over 2 years and not obtaining the desired results. I realised at that moment that something needed to be done differently in order to move to my next level. One strategy is to find the right people to work with; the people who will uplift you rather than downgrade you. Also, work hard and find strategies to brand yourself and distinguish yourself from your competitors.
I hope that my little thought pushes you to your next level …
Discover, innovate and run with the vision!!!!
Till next week..